‘I’ve Bought Five Homes, you can’t lose with Property’ – Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole, one of the Premier League’s all-time top goal scorers, on bad financial advice, player wages and the merits of buy-to-let. Stating that Investing in property is his best business decision.

Read excerpts below:
Andew Cole is an ambassador for Manchester United FC. During a playing career of 19 years, he won 15 England caps, is the second-highest goal scorer in Premier League history, and played for Arsenal, Manchester United, and Blackburn Rovers among other clubs. He is married to Shirley, and has a son, Devante, who is a professional football player for Bradford City AFC, and a daughter, Faith, 14. He lives in Cheshire.

Have you ever worried about how to pay the bills?

Yes. I bought an apartment in my early 20s when I was living in London and had signed with Arsenal. I didn’t realise how much an apartment would cost to run in terms of maintenance fees, and things were tight for a while. I had a high mortgage to pay too. It was an eye-opening experience.

What was your best business decision?

Investing in property. I have a couple in London, a couple overseas and one in Nottingham. Two of those are buy-to-lets. I don’t think you can go wrong with investing in bricks and mortar.

And what has been your worst financial decision?

I can’t think of a decision, but I’ve certainly been advised badly at times with my finances. I have trusted people who have said they are acting in my best interests. It is only later I discovered that they haven’t done what they said they were going to.
Read full interview Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*THE OCEANNA OFFICE SPACES* Now Selling

The Oceanna Hotel Apartments on Sales

Property Tokenization: The Digital Future of Real Estate Investment